For me traveling has been a constant dream and desire. Consequently I have traveled a lot more than the average person… I have been to many countries.. in both Europe, Asia and South East Asia.. not to mention the continental US and Alaska and Hawaii… so why am I so excited about Thailand?.. Good Question .. and I will try to answer that here…
- Thailand is cheap…. with that said, some things really are not so cheap if you are looking to live like you do back home. If that is the case then going to Thailand is not so cheap as it is made out to be.. but then if you want to live like back home.. then stay home.. it’s that simple… But if you try to accept the culture and live the way the Thai’s do.. then it is cheap.. in some cases very cheap. For example, my rent for a small one bedroom with a kitchen and living room bathroom, was 3500 baht per month or about $125 per month… My cost for daily living to include meals, transportation to and from work etc and some light entertainment was about 10 dollars (most days only about $5 .00)
- Friendly people…. They will show respect to you no matter where you go.. and if you are a teacher there is an extra amount of respect shown. Not all are so polite and respectful.. but most commonly they are very polite and respectful…
- Thai Food… When people say they like Thai food but haven’t been to Thailand, I can’t help but think, “You’ve never really experienced Thai food.” Thai food in Thailand is so much more than that and way better than anywhere else in the world. There’s more variety and more flavors. Your mouth dances with flavor when you eat here. The food has kick to it too. I always order mai pet, which means “not spicy,” because by Thai standards that means only one chili. Anything more than that, and I look like I’m about to keel over and die. (I have a low tolerance for spicy food.)
All over the streets of Thailand, outdoor stalls serve up the cheapest and best Thai meals you can find. And no matter what time of the day it is, there’s always food available somewhere.
- The weather is also a very large part of why I love Thailand. It is so so constantly even.. always hot and humid. Even though there’s a monsoon season in Thailand, I love the heat, and the fact that it’s always hot and humid in Thailand appeals to me. It’s never jacket weather and I can always wear a t-shirt and shorts.
- Thailand is a fantastic place for traveling. It is centrally located in the middle of SE Asia with easy access to all the surrounding countries like Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and Bali to mention a few. And a little farther away are Australia and New Zealand, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. So going to Thailand only enhances your ability to travel to other countries.
- If you are a beach bum .. go no farther.. Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world with lovely white sand and crystal clear warm water and a multitude of secluded islands and hideaways to explore.
- The Culture is vast and ancient. There a thousands of temples many of which are more than 500 years old that are there for you to enjoy and explore. The rich culture is rich and unique. The friendly people and respect that you encounter only cements your growing love for this country.
- And Last but certainly NOT least, Let’s be real — Thais are pretty good looking. There’s a reason so many people come here and marry Thais. They are hot. It’s nice coming to a country where everyone is good looking. The women here are just stunning, with beautiful skin and exotic looks. All of my friends have dated Thai girls. And I myself am in a close relationship with a very beautiful Thai lady that I fully plan to spend the rest of my life with.